Arthur may be a bigger pest for the eve of Independence Day
The primarily influence locally will be enhancing the rain Loudoun gets on July 3, according to Carl Barnes, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Sterling.
"Friday raining should be done by sunrise and by noon it will be a nice clear day. Not expecting much except breezy winds Friday," said Barnes.
Thunderstorms with periods of local showers could make for a messy Thursday, though.
Because of heavy rains, flash flooding could be a threat as well, said Barnes.
"Might get breezy winds from it, but really overall expecting it to have minimal impact locally on Friday," said Barnes.
Some info from the county website:
Familiarize yourself with the terminology
-Flash Floods can develop in a matter of minutes, so if you hear a Flash Flood Warning take action immediately.
-Flood Watch means that a flood is possible in your area.
-Flood Warning means flooding is already occurring or will occur soon in your area.
For more information check http://www.loudoun.gov/beforethestorm
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal
- Leesburg man sentenced to nine years for child molestation
- Sterling man accused in murder-for-hire plot denied bond; has ties to KKK
- Va. senators from Loudoun band together for breastfeeding bill
- Psych services struggle to keep up in growing Loudoun County