Ashburn man charged with burglary
Richard F. Whatley, 35, was charged with burglary and destruction of property, according to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports.
Deputies responded to a 9:41 p.m. call for a report of a suspicious person who entered the home in the 42500 block of Regal Wood Drive.
A resident of the home ordered the man out and a brief struggle ensued after Whatley refused to leave, according to reports.
A resident of a second home less than a half-mile away in the 42500 block of Magellan Square reported someone attempted to break in earlier that day between 6:45 and 7:30 p.m. In that incident, a resident found the locks to his garage and the front door were damaged. However, the burglar failed to gain access to the home.
It's not known at this time if two incidents are related.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
- Supervisors refuse to conduct $75,000 indoor sports facility study
- Caulkins Jewelers honors its roots after 60 years
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.