Ashburn man charged with burglary
Richard F. Whatley, 35, was charged with burglary and destruction of property, according to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports.
Deputies responded to a 9:41 p.m. call for a report of a suspicious person who entered the home in the 42500 block of Regal Wood Drive.
A resident of the home ordered the man out and a brief struggle ensued after Whatley refused to leave, according to reports.
A resident of a second home less than a half-mile away in the 42500 block of Magellan Square reported someone attempted to break in earlier that day between 6:45 and 7:30 p.m. In that incident, a resident found the locks to his garage and the front door were damaged. However, the burglar failed to gain access to the home.
It's not known at this time if two incidents are related.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future