Ashburn man charged with burglary
Richard F. Whatley, 35, was charged with burglary and destruction of property, according to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports.
Deputies responded to a 9:41 p.m. call for a report of a suspicious person who entered the home in the 42500 block of Regal Wood Drive.
A resident of the home ordered the man out and a brief struggle ensued after Whatley refused to leave, according to reports.
A resident of a second home less than a half-mile away in the 42500 block of Magellan Square reported someone attempted to break in earlier that day between 6:45 and 7:30 p.m. In that incident, a resident found the locks to his garage and the front door were damaged. However, the burglar failed to gain access to the home.
It's not known at this time if two incidents are related.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- Police investigating sexual assault at NOVA Loudoun campus
- FCi Federal awarded $415 million contract
- Leesburg’s Morven Park discusses renovation plans over pints
- House of Delegates committee kills two full-day kindergarten bills from Loudoun lawmakers