LCSO: Ashburn man brandishes firearm, assaults deputy
Officers were called to 43000 Block of Needmore Court in Ashburn after a woman reported a man wearing a mask had pointed a pistol at her.
Thomas A. M. Afful ,of Ashburn, refused to comply with the deputy's directions and assaulted the deputy before making off on foot, throwing items as he fled. He was caught by the officer and charged with assault and battery on law enforcement, misdemeanor possession with intent to distribute marijuana and obstruction of justice. He was released from the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center on a secured bond.
According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, a search of the area was carried out, but no firearm was found.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Economist: Proposed Trump budget could cost northern Virginia up to 10,000 jobs
- Loudoun County superintendent treading familiar ground with Dominion High School case
- Man dies following Route 15 crash near Leesburg
- Sheriff’s Office investigating reported sexual assaults in Lowes Island-Cascades area
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.