Ashburn woman dies while serving house arrest
A correctional deputy found Sarena L. Carroll, 24, unconscious in her apartment in the 44200 block of Big Trail Terrace while performing a routine residential visit.
Carroll was serving house arrest after she was convicted on larceny charges.
After several failed attempts to make contact with Carroll, including phone calls, the deputy got access to her apartment through a property manager.
Carroll was taken to the Inova Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne where she later died.
The cause of her death is under investigation pending a final autopsy report from the Office of the Medical Examiner. According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, Carroll had extensive medical issues, though those were not disclosed.
Deputies said there were no signs of foul play.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale