Update: Beth Erickson named interim president and CEO of Visit Loudoun
Kaler announced Nov. 27 he was taking a job as the president and CEO of Visit Buffalo Niagara. His last day with Visit Loudoun will be Dec. 27.
Erickson takes over in January and will continue to serve until a permanent replacement is found.
She joined the organization in 2005 as part of the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership, which is a non-profit responsible for raising awareness about the area between Gettysburg, Pa. And Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.
Erickson became a member of the board of directors at Visit Loudoun in 2009.
For 10 years prior to her work with Visit Loudoun she was president of Beth Erickson Marketing and Communications, and worked on projects with companies like Home Depot, Lowe's, and non-profits Darrell Green Youth Life Foundation, Northern Virginia Hospital and the Waterford Foundation.
"We are pleased to have Beth step in as the Interim Director, with her experience as our Board Chair and with the Journey Through Hallowed Ground we should transition smoothly," said Jackie Saunders, Vice President for Marketing.
According to a prepared statement, Visit Loudoun has formed a search committee that plans to bring on an executive search firm to help in the nationwide search.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia lawmakers express concerns over proposed EPA rules
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates