Board approves controversial Evermont Trace development
The Evermont Trace division, which the county's Planning Commission unanimously recommended for denial, is located along Belmont Ridge Road north of Evergreen Mill Road.
Voting in favor of the rezoning were supervisors Janet Clarke (R-Blue Ridge), Geary Higgins (R-Catoctin), Suzanne Volpe (R-Algonkian), Ken Reid (R-Leesburg) and Eugene Delgaudio (R-Sterling).
Opposing were Chairman Scott York (R-At Large), Vice Chairman Shawn Williams (R-Broad Run) and supervisors Ralph Buona (R-Ashburn) and Matt Letourneau (R-Dulles).
Letourneau said he's “very frustrated by the board's approval of a new residential development on land zoned for commercial and industrial purposes.”
“In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's the worst decision this board has made during the current term,” Letourneau said. “While 90 new homes is not an overwhelming number, this decision sets a new precedent that will pave the way for hundreds more homes in an extremely congested area less than 3 miles away from the center line of Runway 30 at Dulles Airport.”
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Report: Gov. McAuliffe under federal investigation
- Two indicted for fraudulently obtaining $67K in student loans from NOVA, other colleges
- Virginia jails are housing thousands living in U.S. illegally
- Leesburg’s population tops 50,000 for the first time in history
- Ashburn man arrested for grand larceny, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile