Board approves controversial Evermont Trace development
The Evermont Trace division, which the county's Planning Commission unanimously recommended for denial, is located along Belmont Ridge Road north of Evergreen Mill Road.
Voting in favor of the rezoning were supervisors Janet Clarke (R-Blue Ridge), Geary Higgins (R-Catoctin), Suzanne Volpe (R-Algonkian), Ken Reid (R-Leesburg) and Eugene Delgaudio (R-Sterling).
Opposing were Chairman Scott York (R-At Large), Vice Chairman Shawn Williams (R-Broad Run) and supervisors Ralph Buona (R-Ashburn) and Matt Letourneau (R-Dulles).
Letourneau said he's “very frustrated by the board's approval of a new residential development on land zoned for commercial and industrial purposes.”
“In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's the worst decision this board has made during the current term,” Letourneau said. “While 90 new homes is not an overwhelming number, this decision sets a new precedent that will pave the way for hundreds more homes in an extremely congested area less than 3 miles away from the center line of Runway 30 at Dulles Airport.”
- Middleburg Charter School faces probation
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Former Redskin Fred Smoot arrested for domestic violence
- Rape story jolts UVA campus; LCPS grads demand changes
- Hops, not houses: How a Lucketts transplant hopes to bring Loudoun back to its agrarian roots