Bomb scare closes part of Sycolin
According to Corinne Geller, public relations director for the Virginia State Police, at approximately 1:50 p.m., a man had been observed placing a suspicious package underneath a police car in the parking lot of the Virginia State Police Area 10 Office on Sycolin Road in Leesburg.
The 23-year-old man, who had been taken to a homeless shelter nearby earlier that day, was taken into custody for questioning. Meanwhile the area was secured while the Virginia State Police Bomb Squad responded to the scene. The package, which contained just books and magazines, was rendered safe and Sycolin Road was reopened at around 3:00 p.m.
The man was taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital for evaluation. No charges are currently pending.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Charter school amendment approved in General Assembly session
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom