Bomb scare closes part of Sycolin
According to Corinne Geller, public relations director for the Virginia State Police, at approximately 1:50 p.m., a man had been observed placing a suspicious package underneath a police car in the parking lot of the Virginia State Police Area 10 Office on Sycolin Road in Leesburg.
The 23-year-old man, who had been taken to a homeless shelter nearby earlier that day, was taken into custody for questioning. Meanwhile the area was secured while the Virginia State Police Bomb Squad responded to the scene. The package, which contained just books and magazines, was rendered safe and Sycolin Road was reopened at around 3:00 p.m.
The man was taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital for evaluation. No charges are currently pending.
Be the first to post a comment!
- MORE: Team Mathias unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- State jobless rate falls to 5.3 percent in October
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey