Brambleton adds affordable housing
The units help fill a void in Loudoun County for low-cost housing for working families.
Developers and elected officials helped dedicate the Shreveport Ridge Apartments on Prescott Green Square in Brambleton.
The rental apartments were built by the Windy Hill Foundation and T.M. Associates.
The Middleburg-based foundation has been providing workforce housing for more than 30 years. The Shreveport Ridge project marks the fifth collaboration with T.M. Associates.
Shreveport Ridge is a 98 unit family apartment community designed specifically as "workforce housing." The one- to four-bedroom units feature energy efficient geothermal heating, significantly reducing utility costs for renters.
The community offers a playground, free parking and a community room for various activities.
The Windy Hill Foundation also provides resident services including after-school programs for children, health screenings and a variety of social programs.
Last year the organization won Virginia's Housing Award for “Best Affordable Housing Energy Conservation Effort.”
For more information, visit http://www.shreveportridgeapts.net .
- Lured by Loudoun schools, businessman buys marketing firm
- Orbital Sciences’ stock plummets after Tuesday explosion
- Potomac Falls man convicted of firearm conspiracy
- Local parents use teal pumpkins to promote food allergy awareness
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office: Murder witness’ recantation ‘meritless’