Welcome to LoudounTimes.com
Loudoun Times-Mirror

Chimney fire displaces Sterling residents

A Sterling townhome sustained $50,000 in damage Jan. 21 after a fire started in a chimney and spread to its roof.

Firefighters from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne and Fairfax County responded to the 8:30 a.m. blaze at 290 Chelmsford Court, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.

All of the occupants of the home had self-evacuated before fire and rescue crews arrived on scene. They are now staying locally with friends.

No injuries were reported.

The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within 20 minutes of arriving on scene, according to reports.


Great Job! Sounds like this went much better than then last nights escapades!

Post a comment

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at ltmeditor@loudountimes.com.

More News

The Loudoun Times-Mirror

is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.
Click here for all e-editions.