County Attorney Roberts announces retirement
Roberts has served as county attorney since 1989. His retirement will be effective July 1.
As county attorney, Roberts served as the chief legal counsel to the Board of Supervisors and county departments and agencies during an era of unprecedented growth and development in Loudoun County, according to Loudoun County's public information office
Roberts joined the Loudoun County government in 1985 as assistant county attorney. He had previously served as Assistant County Attorney for Fairfax County.
Board of Supervisors Chairman Scott K. York (R-At Large) has directed County Administrator Tim Hemstreet to develop options for the recruitment of the next county attorney for consideration by the board.
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- Charter school amendment approved in General Assembly session
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game