County Attorney Roberts announces retirement
Roberts has served as county attorney since 1989. His retirement will be effective July 1.
As county attorney, Roberts served as the chief legal counsel to the Board of Supervisors and county departments and agencies during an era of unprecedented growth and development in Loudoun County, according to Loudoun County's public information office
Roberts joined the Loudoun County government in 1985 as assistant county attorney. He had previously served as Assistant County Attorney for Fairfax County.
Board of Supervisors Chairman Scott K. York (R-At Large) has directed County Administrator Tim Hemstreet to develop options for the recruitment of the next county attorney for consideration by the board.
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift