County Attorney Roberts announces retirement
Roberts has served as county attorney since 1989. His retirement will be effective July 1.
As county attorney, Roberts served as the chief legal counsel to the Board of Supervisors and county departments and agencies during an era of unprecedented growth and development in Loudoun County, according to Loudoun County's public information office
Roberts joined the Loudoun County government in 1985 as assistant county attorney. He had previously served as Assistant County Attorney for Fairfax County.
Board of Supervisors Chairman Scott K. York (R-At Large) has directed County Administrator Tim Hemstreet to develop options for the recruitment of the next county attorney for consideration by the board.
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future