County receives donation for Lovettsville Community Park equine facilities
Amenities within the proposed park project include trails and an equestrian area. Bonds for the financed portion of the project were approved in November 2004. The remaining bonds are scheduled for placement on the November 2014 referendum.
The donation was presented by Dru Roia, owner of Lucia Farm, a premier equestrian facility in Lovettsville that provides public lesson programs, camps, clinics, shows and special events.
The Loudoun Horse Association, described by former association president Ms. Roia as an organization established in 2005 “for the horse people, by the horse people,” raised the funds. Fundraisers included several trail-ride-in-the-park events and equine equipment auctions.
“This generous donation reflects the on-going commitment of Loudoun’s equine community to the development of needed resources to be enjoyed by current and future generations of horse lovers in the county,” said PRCS Director Diane Ryburn. “We remain grateful for their input, insight and development of equine amenities at Lovettsville Community Park.”
Be the first to post a comment!
- Prince William chairman says Bi-County Parkway project dead
- Budget overview: Supervisors set to finalize fiscal 2016 spending plan Wednesday
- Two Loudoun high schools getting turf fields; Potomac Falls community cries out for attention
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff