Democrat Chuck Hedges announces challenge to incumbent Dave LaRock
A Lovettsville resident, Hedges said this is his first bid for public office. He is a former aviation economist who served for the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration.
“I'm very excited to learn new things about our community and meet new people,” Hedges, who moved to Loudoun in 2000, told the Times-Mirror. “I want to reach out to a wide spectrum of people who I think haven't been heard the past two years.”
The heavily Republican 33rd District spans western Loudoun and portions of Clarke and Frederick counties.
After upsetting 20-year state Del. Joe May in the 2013 GOP primary, Del. LaRock defeated Democrat Mary Daniel by nearly 10 percent in the 2013 general.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Trump asks Virginia-based appeals court to let travel ban take effect
- Unique local arts collaboration promotes teen suicide awareness and prevention
- Serenity now: The Woodhouse Day Spa to host grand opening
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office K9 takes down Sterling woman
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.