Department of Economic Development names new assistant director
Previously Salinas was program manager at the Department of Planning.
“Miguel has proven himself to be the right choice both by his work as the interim assistant director and throughout the interview process,” said Buddy Rizer, the director of economic development in a statement released to the media.
Salinas will manage the department when Rizer is out of town on business trips or is otherwise unavailable.
“Leading a multi-year strategic initiative in the Planning Department to accelerate economic development in the Route 28 corridor has given me in-depth, hands-on experience with the county’s commercial development," Salinas said in a prepared statement.
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’