Dulles Access Road public meeting June 2
Loudoun County will hold a public input and informational meeting for the proposed Dulles Air Cargo, Passenger and Metro Access Highway, commonly called the Dulles Access Road, on June 2 at 7 p.m. at Briar Woods High School in Ashburn.
At the session, representatives from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Loudoun County will make presentations on the project before the public comment period.
According to county staff, VDOT is conducting an environmental study to evaluate options for a limited-access roadway to the west of Dulles Airport. VDOT officials have stated the purpose of the project is to enhance the movement of people, passenger services and air cargo traffic to the airport and the planned Phase 2 extension of the Metrorail Silver Line. The proposed road is intended to reduce congestion and improve capacity on the existing roadway network in the Dulles South area, according to VDOT.
More information on the project can be found at http://www.loudoun.gov/dullesaccess .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Middleburg’s Salamander goes to the bees
- MORE: Judge rules Va. can remove Confederate flag from license plates
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.