Dulles Access Road public meeting June 2
Loudoun County will hold a public input and informational meeting for the proposed Dulles Air Cargo, Passenger and Metro Access Highway, commonly called the Dulles Access Road, on June 2 at 7 p.m. at Briar Woods High School in Ashburn.
At the session, representatives from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Loudoun County will make presentations on the project before the public comment period.
According to county staff, VDOT is conducting an environmental study to evaluate options for a limited-access roadway to the west of Dulles Airport. VDOT officials have stated the purpose of the project is to enhance the movement of people, passenger services and air cargo traffic to the airport and the planned Phase 2 extension of the Metrorail Silver Line. The proposed road is intended to reduce congestion and improve capacity on the existing roadway network in the Dulles South area, according to VDOT.
More information on the project can be found at http://www.loudoun.gov/dullesaccess .
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Leesburg Police searching for missing man
- Area leaders vary on transportation, but agree Redskins stadium should go to Loudoun
- State public safety leaders listen to local law enforcement’s input on funding
- UPDATE: Infant dies after being struck by vehicle in Lansdowne Wednesday morning
- Loudoun detectives investigate alleged brothel in South Riding