Dulles Access Road public meeting June 2
Loudoun County will hold a public input and informational meeting for the proposed Dulles Air Cargo, Passenger and Metro Access Highway, commonly called the Dulles Access Road, on June 2 at 7 p.m. at Briar Woods High School in Ashburn.
At the session, representatives from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Loudoun County will make presentations on the project before the public comment period.
According to county staff, VDOT is conducting an environmental study to evaluate options for a limited-access roadway to the west of Dulles Airport. VDOT officials have stated the purpose of the project is to enhance the movement of people, passenger services and air cargo traffic to the airport and the planned Phase 2 extension of the Metrorail Silver Line. The proposed road is intended to reduce congestion and improve capacity on the existing roadway network in the Dulles South area, according to VDOT.
More information on the project can be found at http://www.loudoun.gov/dullesaccess .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia lawmakers express concerns over proposed EPA rules
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates