Dulles-based Orbital Sciences has a failure to launch
Orbital Sciences is set to try the launch again tomorrow morning at 2:56 a.m.
The vessel is OCO-2 designed to measure atmospheric carbon dioxide to "help scientists better understand how increasing CO2 concentrations are driving climate change around the globe."
It was built and tested by Orbital under contract in Dulles as well as Gilbert, Ariz.
Orbital is in the top five publicly traded companies in Louduon in revenue.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun Wine: ‘We get up with the sun and live and die by the weather’
- Image Matters maps the world from Leesburg
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg