Dulles-based Orbital Sciences has a failure to launch
Orbital Sciences is set to try the launch again tomorrow morning at 2:56 a.m.
The vessel is OCO-2 designed to measure atmospheric carbon dioxide to "help scientists better understand how increasing CO2 concentrations are driving climate change around the globe."
It was built and tested by Orbital under contract in Dulles as well as Gilbert, Ariz.
Orbital is in the top five publicly traded companies in Louduon in revenue.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- EXCLUSIVE: Del. Minchew will withdraw controversial Electoral College legislation
- George Mason University researchers announce groundbreaking Lyme test
- Loudoun Grown Expo to showcase county crafters
- Domestic violence, gun-control groups divided over gun bill