Dulles-based Orbital Sciences has a failure to launch
Orbital Sciences is set to try the launch again tomorrow morning at 2:56 a.m.
The vessel is OCO-2 designed to measure atmospheric carbon dioxide to "help scientists better understand how increasing CO2 concentrations are driving climate change around the globe."
It was built and tested by Orbital under contract in Dulles as well as Gilbert, Ariz.
Orbital is in the top five publicly traded companies in Louduon in revenue.
Be the first to post a comment!
- 200,000 in Va. may lack proper ID needed to vote
- TV ads, outside spending hit Virginia 10th District race
- ‘The Daily Show’ airs controversial Redskins segment
- Man sentenced to more than two years for skimming credit cards from Loudoun restaurant
- Loudoun looks to bolster its foreign direct investments