Dulles-based Orbital Sciences has a failure to launch
Orbital Sciences is set to try the launch again tomorrow morning at 2:56 a.m.
The vessel is OCO-2 designed to measure atmospheric carbon dioxide to "help scientists better understand how increasing CO2 concentrations are driving climate change around the globe."
It was built and tested by Orbital under contract in Dulles as well as Gilbert, Ariz.
Orbital is in the top five publicly traded companies in Louduon in revenue.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Driver charged in Lansdowne infant’s death to face trial next year
- 21st Century Cures Act receives bipartisan support from Warner, Kaine and Comstock
- Judge to decide whether to overturn Ashburn murder conviction
- MORE: Parents of teen suicide victim sue Loudoun County Public Schools counselor for $5M
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.