Dulles Greenway fare hikes postponed
Toll Road Investors Partnership II, or TRIP II, filed an application with the State Corporation Commission for a fare increase on Dec. 30, 2013.
Four days later Del. David Ramadan (R-87th) filed a complaint with the SCC to have the application postponed.
According to a prepared statement from Del. Ramadan his request to continue the case until 30 days after the adjournment of the current Regular Session of the General Assembly was granted by the SCC.
The rate would have gone from $4.90 to $5.10.
“TRIP II’s application to the SCC to further raise the currently disputed rates is a blatant disregard to the current investigation and an insult to the citizens of Loudoun County. I will continue this fight and use any and all tools available to me including invoking legislative privilege as I did in this case to ease the toll burden on my constituents,” said Del. Ramadan in a prepared statement.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Hold the town hall
- Loudoun County chairwoman, economic development officials head to Germany for ‘sister city’ trip
- Driver of Freightliner flatbed truck charged after crashing into Sterling home Friday
- MORE: Small plane crashes near Leesburg Executive Airport
- MORE: Loudoun County teacher charged with DUI, open container inside school
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.