Dulles Greenway fare hikes postponed
Toll Road Investors Partnership II, or TRIP II, filed an application with the State Corporation Commission for a fare increase on Dec. 30, 2013.
Four days later Del. David Ramadan (R-87th) filed a complaint with the SCC to have the application postponed.
According to a prepared statement from Del. Ramadan his request to continue the case until 30 days after the adjournment of the current Regular Session of the General Assembly was granted by the SCC.
The rate would have gone from $4.90 to $5.10.
“TRIP II’s application to the SCC to further raise the currently disputed rates is a blatant disregard to the current investigation and an insult to the citizens of Loudoun County. I will continue this fight and use any and all tools available to me including invoking legislative privilege as I did in this case to ease the toll burden on my constituents,” said Del. Ramadan in a prepared statement.
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce honors businesses at annual awards
- Attempt to repeal abortion ultrasound law fails in Virginia Senate
- Cycle Scene opens state-of-the-art Studio in Ashburn
- Where it stands: Loudoun County Courts Complex expansion
- UPDATE: Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal