Dulles Greenway tolls rise again
The State Corporation Commission (SCC) granted the increase for the privately-owned Greenway last week.
During non-peak hours, the tolls rose from $4.10 to $4.25
The new rate would have taken place on Feb. 15 but was delayed in part because of state Del. David Ramadan's motion to stay the rate increase earlier this year. Ramadan has charted a legal course in attempt to get the rates along the Greenway lowered – either by installing distance-based pricing or otherwise.
"It is unbelievable that in the midst of a major investigation into the practices of the Greenway, the owners of the Greenway would seek yet another rate increase," said Ramadan. "It is even more unbelievable that the SCC decided to grant the increase prior to our challenge even being heard by the full commission. It clearly demonstrates that the deck is stacked against our commuters, on whose behalf I am fighting. Nevertheless, I am prepared to take my challenge to the Virginia Supreme Court if necessary.”
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- In stump-style speech, AG Herring touts accomplishments, rips Republicans
- Dulles-based Orbital ATK supports secret satellite launch for national security mission
- Planning Commission sends One Loudoun, Corpus Christi Catholic Church and more supervisors’ way
- Loudoun County senior represents Virginia at Boy’s Nation
- With new proffer law in effect, Loudoun figures out how to cope