Dulles Greenway tolls rise again
The State Corporation Commission (SCC) granted the increase for the privately-owned Greenway last week.
During non-peak hours, the tolls rose from $4.10 to $4.25
The new rate would have taken place on Feb. 15 but was delayed in part because of state Del. David Ramadan's motion to stay the rate increase earlier this year. Ramadan has charted a legal course in attempt to get the rates along the Greenway lowered – either by installing distance-based pricing or otherwise.
"It is unbelievable that in the midst of a major investigation into the practices of the Greenway, the owners of the Greenway would seek yet another rate increase," said Ramadan. "It is even more unbelievable that the SCC decided to grant the increase prior to our challenge even being heard by the full commission. It clearly demonstrates that the deck is stacked against our commuters, on whose behalf I am fighting. Nevertheless, I am prepared to take my challenge to the Virginia Supreme Court if necessary.”
- Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to temporarily reopen June 1
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal