Dulles Greenway tolls rise again
The State Corporation Commission (SCC) granted the increase for the privately-owned Greenway last week.
During non-peak hours, the tolls rose from $4.10 to $4.25
The new rate would have taken place on Feb. 15 but was delayed in part because of state Del. David Ramadan's motion to stay the rate increase earlier this year. Ramadan has charted a legal course in attempt to get the rates along the Greenway lowered – either by installing distance-based pricing or otherwise.
"It is unbelievable that in the midst of a major investigation into the practices of the Greenway, the owners of the Greenway would seek yet another rate increase," said Ramadan. "It is even more unbelievable that the SCC decided to grant the increase prior to our challenge even being heard by the full commission. It clearly demonstrates that the deck is stacked against our commuters, on whose behalf I am fighting. Nevertheless, I am prepared to take my challenge to the Virginia Supreme Court if necessary.”
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce honors businesses at annual awards
- Attempt to repeal abortion ultrasound law fails in Virginia Senate
- Cycle Scene opens state-of-the-art Studio in Ashburn
- Where it stands: Loudoun County Courts Complex expansion
- UPDATE: Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal