DuPont Fabros data centers to span 34 acres near Metro
Dupont Fabros will take over the data centers upon completion. The Washington D.C.-based data center operator already has more than a half dozen locations in Loudoun County and recently filed plans to add a 358,000 and a 446,500 square foot facility at its Ashburn data center campus, making this facility on par with the other filed DuPont Fabros data centers this year.
Named the Loudoun Metro Data Centers LM 3 and 4, the plot of land the data centers are expected to occupy will be 34 acres, close to the Route 606 Metro stop on the Loudoun side of Dulles International Airport.
Loudoun County is in talks to have more than 8 million square feet of data center space built by the end of the year, according to the Department of Economic Development. Seventy percent of the world's internet is said to run through data centers in Loudoun.
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one