DuPont Fabros data centers to span 34 acres near Metro
Dupont Fabros will take over the data centers upon completion. The Washington D.C.-based data center operator already has more than a half dozen locations in Loudoun County and recently filed plans to add a 358,000 and a 446,500 square foot facility at its Ashburn data center campus, making this facility on par with the other filed DuPont Fabros data centers this year.
Named the Loudoun Metro Data Centers LM 3 and 4, the plot of land the data centers are expected to occupy will be 34 acres, close to the Route 606 Metro stop on the Loudoun side of Dulles International Airport.
Loudoun County is in talks to have more than 8 million square feet of data center space built by the end of the year, according to the Department of Economic Development. Seventy percent of the world's internet is said to run through data centers in Loudoun.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Rep. Comstock at odds with Trump’s federal hiring freeze
- Parallels emerge between national election and Virginia governor’s race
- Reston man arrested on DUI, firearm charges
- Loudoun County Republicans condemn Women’s March, say organized by ‘radical leftists’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.