DuPont Fabros looking to bring another data center to Loudoun
The company filed a site plan application with the county Dec. 26, with plans to bring a new 358,000-square-foot facility to Loudoun.
DuPont Fabros currently has six data center facilities in Ashburn and one in Reston.
In May 2013 the company announced plans for expansion at the Ashburn Corporate Center Complex, which is currently in the finishing stages.
Along with its sites in Virginia, DuPont Fabros operates data centers in Chicago; Piscataway, N.J. and Santa Clara, Calif.
"DuPont Fabros Technology Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) and leading owner, developer, operator and manager of wholesale data centers," according to the DuPont Fabros website.
In May there was confusion about a sign that incorrectly labeled roads near the facility as Steve Jobs Way. Speculation had Apple tabbed as a future resident.
"If the temporary Steve Jobs Way sign made anyone speculate about an Apple data center coming into Loudoun, that speculation is false," said Lois Kirkpatrick, the marketing and communications manager at the Department of Economic Development.
The site for the proposed data center is vacant land right now, but the facility would be about as large as the third site that DuPont Fabros completed.
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one
- MORE: Loudoun supervisors appeal Leesburg architecture board’s ruling on courts’ expansion
- Summary judgment on One Loudoun stadium denied
- Finding balance: Leesburg teen battles symptoms, isolation of obscure disease