Fabulous 40s party coming to Oatlands Mansion and grounds
Oatlands and Epicurience will try to replicate all of the glamor and pomp of the 1940s by bringing in Doc Scantlin and his Imperial Palm Orchestra as well as local vendors and winemakers.
Last year the group did a 1920s-themed party.
"Basically, it was like going back in time, because everybody was dressed up," said Andrea McGimsey, executive director at Oatlands Plantation, who mentioned it was her favorite event of Epicurience last year.
Dressing in 1940s garb is not required but highly encouraged, said McGimsey.
The Eustes family gave the land Oatlands sits on to the public in 1965, and so next year the group is planning to hold a 1960s themed party.
Because the party celebrated the 1920s last year and will celebrate the 1960s next year, for symmetry's sake the group thought a 1940s party would be in order.
Wines for the event will be provided by Fabbioli Cellars and Willowcroft Farm Vineyards.
Magnolias at the Mill will take care of the night's hors d'oeuvres, and boozy mid-20th century creations will be available via Cacoctin Creek Distillery.
Rumba and Swing stylings will be provided by Leesburg's Dance King Studios. They will also be giving lessons throughout the night.
When you get there, just look for the car from 1938 out front.
Where: Oatlands Mansion - 20850 Oatlands Plantation Lane · Leesburg, VA 20175
When: August 30 from 7:30 to 11:30 pm
Be the first to post a comment!
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition