Mobile Website | Login | Register
Staff Directory | Advertise | Subscribe | About Us
Business Government Politics Region Crime/Public Safety Education People E-edition Ashburn Hamilton Hillsboro Lansdowne Leesburg Lovettsville Middleburg Purcellville River Creek Round Hill Sterling
Basketball Football Youth Wrestling Gymnastics Swimming Volleyball Baseball Track Golf Cheer Cross Country Schedule Scores
Brambleton Community of Faith Hangin in the Nosebleeds Journal Entry Loudoun Essence Made in Loudoun Odd Angles River Creek & Lansdowne South Riding Sterling, Cascades & CountrySide
This Week's Slideshow Browse All Galleries Your Best Dish Featured Video The Virginians
  • Announcements
  • Autos
  • Jobs
  • Legals
  • Homes
  • YardSales
  • Submit an Ad
  • Website Development SEO and SEM Newspaper Advertising Online Advertising
    Classified listings Homes section

    Fires in Middleburg and Sterling displaces four, causes $90,000 in damage

    Two separate fires during the holiday weekend displaced four residents and caused a total of almost $90,000 in damage due to improper disposal of flammable products.

    The first fire on July 4 happened around 10:30 a.m. at a home at 22915 Cobb House Road in Middleburg following improper disposal of fireworks.

    Fire and rescue units from Middleburg, Aldie, Philomont, South Riding, Arcola and Leesburg responded.

    The first engine arrived to find smoke coming from the side of the building.

    Units extinguished a small exterior fire and ventilated the home from smoke.

    According to reports, the fire did not spread into the home; most of the damage was contained to the garage. No residents were displaced or injured. One firefighter suffered a minor injury and was taken to the hospital for evaluation. The Fire Marshal’s Office estimated damage at $20,000.

    At 5:45am July 5, a house fire at 1024 Tottenham Court in Sterling sent units from Sterling Park, Kincora, Cascades, Ashburn and Fairfax County responding to the scene.

    The first units to arrive quickly extinguished a fire in the back of the three-story townhouse. The residents had self-evacuated prior to arrival of emergency personnel. There were no injuries. The American Red Cross responded and assisted the four displaced residents. The Loudoun County Fire Marshal Office determined the cause of the fire was accidental, caused by the improper disposal of charcoal grill contents. Damages to the home are estimated at $60,000 to $70,000.


    Comments

    Be the first to post a comment!

    Get Our Headlines Via Email
    Tuesdays:  
    Thursdays:

    StayConnected

    Follow Us
    on Twitter

    News | Sports

    Like Us
    on Facebook

    News & Sports

    Join Our
    Email List

    Sign up for
    weekly updates
    The Loudoun Times-Mirror

    is an interactive, digital replica
    of the printed newspaper.
    Open the e-edition now.

    Loudoun Business Journal