First Friday food drive at Lola Cookies & Treats
For First Friday Dec. 7, town officials are asking everyone who is participating to bring a can of food for the needy.
As a reward, participants will be given a free cookie from Lola Cookies & Treats.
Loudoun Interfaith Relief will be collecting donations of non-perishable food outside the award-winning bakery at 109 South King St. from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday. Donors will receive a ticket for a free cookie of their choice — a gingerbread man, for instance, or a holiday-themed sugar cookie.
Foods on Loudoun Interfaith’s wish list include hearty soups and canned fruits, vegetables, and meats.
Besides cookies, Lola’s will also be serving hot cocoa and holiday-themed cupcakes with flavors such as Gingerbread and Chocolate Peppermint.
More information about Lola Cookies & Treats is available at lolacookies.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Hold the town hall
- Juveniles could face charges after possible Xanax consumption in Sterling schools
- Report: Cows, chickens taint Shenandoah River with E. coli
- Metro GM calls for more funding. But is Loudoun ready to take on the costs?
- Kismet: Stone Bridge alum Allen goes to the Redskins in Thursday’s NFL Draft
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.