Fourteen people suffer carbon monoxide poisoning
A release from the Loudoun County Fire and Rescue Services said the incident happened at around 7:35 p.m. Jan. 1, when a 911 call was placed for a medical emergency in the 22600 area of High Haven Terrace.
When fire and rescue personnel reached the scene, the residents of an end-unit townhouse and their guests, 14 people total, had been exposed to carbon monoxide from a car accidentally left running in the garage. After experiencing headache-like symptoms, the residents called 911. All 14 people were taken to Inova Loudoun to check for further injuries.
Fire and rescue personnel also checked the adjacent townhomes for additional exposures, but none were found.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
- Warrant: Ashburn house fire could have been intentionally set
- Ashburn murder verdict upheld, sentencing set for Friday
- LCPS reported allegations against former Dominion teacher to police in 2014
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.