Fraud suspect apprehended at Dulles Airport
The Chesterfield County, Va., Sheriff's Office had issued a warrant for the 49-year-old Mechanicsville resident for embezzlement of lottery funds. When Zota arrived on Virgin Atlantic flight 21 from London, U.K., CBP officers apprehended her and determined the validity of the warrant. After confirming the warrant, the officers turned Zota over to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority police for extradition to Chesterfield County.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Washington CBP Port Director Christopher Hess in a prepared statement. “CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however, we stand ever vigilant in intercepting those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP arrests an average of 54 criminals each day at U.S. ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale
- Maureen McDonnell: Corruption trial was unfair