Fraud suspect apprehended at Dulles Airport
The Chesterfield County, Va., Sheriff's Office had issued a warrant for the 49-year-old Mechanicsville resident for embezzlement of lottery funds. When Zota arrived on Virgin Atlantic flight 21 from London, U.K., CBP officers apprehended her and determined the validity of the warrant. After confirming the warrant, the officers turned Zota over to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority police for extradition to Chesterfield County.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Washington CBP Port Director Christopher Hess in a prepared statement. “CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however, we stand ever vigilant in intercepting those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP arrests an average of 54 criminals each day at U.S. ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Salamander hopes to rezone roads for homes in Middleburg
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault