Fraud suspect apprehended at Dulles Airport
The Chesterfield County, Va., Sheriff's Office had issued a warrant for the 49-year-old Mechanicsville resident for embezzlement of lottery funds. When Zota arrived on Virgin Atlantic flight 21 from London, U.K., CBP officers apprehended her and determined the validity of the warrant. After confirming the warrant, the officers turned Zota over to the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority police for extradition to Chesterfield County.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Washington CBP Port Director Christopher Hess in a prepared statement. “CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however, we stand ever vigilant in intercepting those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP arrests an average of 54 criminals each day at U.S. ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Loudoun supervisors approve Lidl-anchored commercial development in Broadlands
- Lawmakers say new state budget is bad news for Loudoun County judiciary
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office charges Maryland man in connection with rural burglaries
- Warrenton-based auto group buys Leesburg’s Star Buick
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.