Frontier Airlines to begin servicing Dulles airport
Frontier Airlines, a Denver-based operation, will begin flying out of Dulles in August. When fully operational at IAD, Frontier will offer nonstop flights to Atlanta, Chicago-O’Hare, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Fort Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Detroit, Las Vegas, Memphis, Minneapolis, Orlando, St. Augustine/Jacksonville, St. Louis and Tampa.
“The addition of Frontier to the Dulles family represents a significant, positive development for passengers interested in additional low-cost domestic travel options to and from the national capital region,” Jack Potter, president and chief executive officer of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, said in a written statement reported by The Washington Post. “With the Washington area economy growing and the Metrorail Silver Line on its way, Dulles will continue to fill the expanding air travel needs for the region and these new options from Frontier will play and important role.”
As a welcoming promotion, Frontier is offering select one-way flights for as low as $15. The special runs strictly Tuesday and can be accessed through http://www.FlyFrontier.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future
- Field hockey first sport in Loudoun to reap benefit of changed athletics policy