Further investigation finds carcass not a dog
As such, the investigation into the manner has been closed.
“Our Animal Control investigators worked with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ wildlife biologist and Virginia State Veterinarian pathologists to determine that all animal carcasses found at the site were that of wildlife species," said Tom Koenig, director of the Loudoun County Department of Animal Services."
Koenig did say, however, that VDGIF conservation officers are still investigating who dumped 78 wild animal carcasses into Catoctin Creek and will continue to communicate with local authorities as information arises.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony
- LCPS encourages relationships between schools and local businesses