Further investigation finds carcass not a dog
As such, the investigation into the manner has been closed.
“Our Animal Control investigators worked with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ wildlife biologist and Virginia State Veterinarian pathologists to determine that all animal carcasses found at the site were that of wildlife species," said Tom Koenig, director of the Loudoun County Department of Animal Services."
Koenig did say, however, that VDGIF conservation officers are still investigating who dumped 78 wild animal carcasses into Catoctin Creek and will continue to communicate with local authorities as information arises.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’