Further investigation finds carcass not a dog
As such, the investigation into the manner has been closed.
“Our Animal Control investigators worked with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ wildlife biologist and Virginia State Veterinarian pathologists to determine that all animal carcasses found at the site were that of wildlife species," said Tom Koenig, director of the Loudoun County Department of Animal Services."
Koenig did say, however, that VDGIF conservation officers are still investigating who dumped 78 wild animal carcasses into Catoctin Creek and will continue to communicate with local authorities as information arises.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun law enforcement, mental health experts team up with former NBA player’s Project Purple
- Loudoun County administrator recommends tax hike in upcoming $2.5 billion budget
- Loudoun winery included in Oscars ‘swag bag’
- Vote on Leesburg courthouse expansion postponed
- Loudoun deputies investigating two unintentional shootings