Gas leak shuts down downtown Leesburg street
Loudoun Fire and Rescue personnel are beginning to allow residents back into their homes following a gas leak this morning in downtown Leesburg.
Fire and rescue crews from Leesburg and the Leesburg Police Department responded to the scene on Church Street SE following the 10:15 a.m. call.
The cause of the leak is unknown at this time, according to Laura Rinehart, spokesperson for Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
The leak forced crews to shut down traffic on Church Street from Loudoun to Royal streets.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift