Girl struck by vehicle in South Riding
The driver, a 61-year-old Manassas man, was driving east about noon on Riding Center Drive when the girl, with her family waiting behind her, went into the motorist's path on her scooter, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office. Upon impact, the driver veered left and hit a center median divider.
The child, who was not wearing a helmet at the time of the incident, was taken to Fairfax Hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The crash is under investigation.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one
- MORE: Loudoun supervisors appeal Leesburg architecture board’s ruling on courts’ expansion