Governor appoints ex-GOP operative to ABC board
Republicans panned the move shortly after it was announced Wednesday as a political payback for a GOP defector.
In a surprise move last year, Marcus endorsed McAuliffe and advised his campaign against Republican Ken Cuccinelli.
Marcus had previously worked for U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and former Gov. Jim Gilmore.
A spokeswoman for the agency said Boyd's salary would be set by the McAuliffe administration. She said under former Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell, the board chairman was paid $136,000 a year and a board member was paid $124,000.
House Speaker William J. Howell said the appointment, which has to be approved by the General Assembly, deserves additional scrutiny.
- Across Loudoun, Gillespie pitches economic plan, condemns Obamacare
- Gabriella’s Smashing Walnuts makes first grant; $100K to brain doctor
- Despite ‘real job’ comment, Foust and Democrats to push ‘women’s issues’
- Trial gets juicier with McDonnell’s testimony
- Quail Run Signs of Hamilton provides the best welcome around