Hamilton man wins $1,000 a week for life
The odds of winning this top prize are one in 5.2 million and Lyles is Virginia's 43rd winner.
"I actually hope for small prizes," Lyles told Virginia Lottery officials.
The winning numbers were 5-12-18-30-33-34 and the Free Ball number was 3.
Win for Life participants choose six numbers from 1 to 42 and then turn in their play slip at a Lottery retailer in order to get a ticket.
Lyles choose his numbers based on a combination of birthdays and personally significant numbers.
Hamilton Convenience, which sold Lyles the ticket, will receive a $10,000 from the Lottery for selling the winner.
- Ashburn man charged with involuntary manslaughter following car surfing incident
- Bob McDonnell’s sister details communication woes
- George Mason comes to Loudoun; provides more education options
- Leesburg girl takes fencing to the hilt
- Love of children and cooking put Lansdowne vet in national spotlight