Heritage High School hosts Loudoun summer school commencement
Superintendent Eric Williams delivered his first LCPS commencement address at the event, encouraging the graduates to persevere in the face of tests and trials.
“You have each overcome a variety of obstacles in earning a high school diploma,” he said. “When you face future challenges, this accomplishment, your graduation, can serve as a reminder to never give up.”
15 students graduated from the summer program this year, but only eight physically received their diplomas from Loudoun principles at the ceremony.
Among the graduates are: Mina Hafeez (Briar Woods), Sarah Stevenson (Broad Run), Mitra Ghasemi (Dominion), Nathaniel Gorems (Dominion), Zohair Safdar (Dominion), Clare Zehner (Freedom), Emma Kittson (Heritage), Lenah Taylor (John Champe), Michael Sullivan (Loudoun Valley), Servet Karaaslan (Park View), Alexander Bajbouji (Potomac Falls), Wendy Chavez (Potomac Falls), Alina Nilova (Potomac Falls), Jordan Mitchell (Stone Bridge), and Rebecca Geneva Mertes (Stone Bridge).
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely
- Loudoun deputies seek public’s help in finding missing Leesburg man