Herring taps 3 to review office, seek efficiencies
Attorney General Mark R. Herring says the panel will review functions of his office to ensure that tax dollars are being spent efficiently and that the office is operated in the same manner as a modern, major law firm.
The panel will be led by Bill Leighty, whose lengthy resume in public service includes the post of chief of staff to two governors, Mark R. Warner and Timothy M. Kaine. He's also former director of the Virginia Retirement System.
The other two review panel members are W. Taylor Reveley III, president of the College of William and Mary, and Katherine Busser, a top executive at Capital One.
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget
- McAuliffe orders alcohol agents retrained after U-Va. arrest
- Loudoun deputies ask public for information about alleged Calvary Temple sexual assault
- Suspension rates, achievement gap high for Loudoun’s minority students