Welcome to LoudounTimes.com
Loudoun Times-Mirror

Stone Ridge residents displaced after two-alarm fire

Several residents were displaced Saturday after a two-alarm fire in the Stone Ridge community. Photo Courtesy/Loudoun Fire and Rescue
Several residents were displaced Saturday after improperly disposed fireworks caused a two-alarm fire in the Stone Ridge community, according to the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office.

The fire at 25147 Sodalite Square started about 10:30 p.m. and quickly spread through multiple floors of the townhome after used fireworks that were not fully burnt out were placed in the garage.

The fire marshal's office estimated damages at $700,000.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they saw significant fire coming from the front and back of the middle unit townhome.

A second alarm prompted more firefighters to the scene, who helped to keep the fire from spreading to adjacent townhomes. The adjacent townhomes did sustain significant smoke damage, according to reports.

After the blaze was put out, crews remained on scene to ensure the fire did not extend from the home of origin. They also stayed to ventilate all the affected townhomes and check for hot spots.

There were no civilian injuries during the incident. One firefighter was evaluated at the scene for heat exposure but not taken to the hospital. Three occupants from 25147 Sodalite Square and several occupants from the immediately adjacent homes were displaced and assisted by the American Red Cross.

Comments

More News

Email UPDATES
Tuesdays:  
Thursdays:
As Seen IN PRINT
The Loudoun Times-Mirror

is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.
Open the e-edition now.