House fire in Sterling
According to a report from the Loudoun Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management received a 911 call just before 9 a.m. for a fire at 301 Charlotte Street in Sterling Park.
Firefighters from eight area stations responded to the scene, a found a one-story, single family home on fire with significant smoke conditions. Crews found fire in the basement of the house and mounted an interior attack while searching for people in the house. Firefighters were able to determine the house was unoccupied at the time of the blaze.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was accidental and originated in the dryer. No one was hurt, but one man has been displaced.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’