Inova Loudoun implements temporary policy for visitation
Inova Loudoun Hospital is temporarily changing its visitation policy due to this year's heavy flu season.
Until further notice, the following applies regarding visitors at the hospital:
-No visitors under the age of 16.
-No visitors with any symptoms of influenza-like illness.
-Limit of two visitors at a time for each patient.
-Visitors may be issued masks for use while visiting and asked to wash hands frequently.
-For Women's and Children's, Adult Critical Care, and Oncology patients, additional measure may apply.
-A patient care companion is not a visitor and is allowed to stay with the patient.
“These temporary measures will help protect against influenza infection of the most vulnerable among us, including inpatients with compromised immune systems as well as our caregivers,” said Loring Flint, MD, Inova’s chief medical officer. “We appreciate everyone’s consideration and cooperation as we work together to assure the health and safety of our community during flu season.”
Inova Alexandria, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Medical Campus initiated the visitation limitations in January.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Micro and farm breweries poised to boom in Loudoun
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015