Inova Loudoun implements temporary policy for visitation
Inova Loudoun Hospital is temporarily changing its visitation policy due to this year's heavy flu season.
Until further notice, the following applies regarding visitors at the hospital:
-No visitors under the age of 16.
-No visitors with any symptoms of influenza-like illness.
-Limit of two visitors at a time for each patient.
-Visitors may be issued masks for use while visiting and asked to wash hands frequently.
-For Women's and Children's, Adult Critical Care, and Oncology patients, additional measure may apply.
-A patient care companion is not a visitor and is allowed to stay with the patient.
“These temporary measures will help protect against influenza infection of the most vulnerable among us, including inpatients with compromised immune systems as well as our caregivers,” said Loring Flint, MD, Inova’s chief medical officer. “We appreciate everyone’s consideration and cooperation as we work together to assure the health and safety of our community during flu season.”
Inova Alexandria, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Medical Campus initiated the visitation limitations in January.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports
- Loudoun ranked as Virginia’s best for business investment