UPDATED: Kurt Krause departs as National Conference Center manager
A former Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce board chairman and one of Loudoun's most visible businessmen has quietly vacated his post as general manager of the National Conference Center in Leesburg.
Kurt Krause left the National Conference Center, a corporate training facility offering lodging and thousands of square feet of meeting space, in August after heading operations there for nearly seven years.
He served as chairman of the local chamber of commerce's board of directors from early 2012 through early 2013.
Additionally, he is a member of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, the Loudoun CEO Cabinet and the Loudoun Economic Development Commission.
“I can honestly say that I just have too many interesting opportunities available not to take a strong look at each,” Krause said Wednesday. “I truly regret leaving the extraordinary men and women that make the conference center so great, however too many offers have come my way that I just can no longer ignore.
“My physical and mental health are excellent, and my passion for community stronger than ever,” he said.
This story has been updated from an earlier version.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future