UPDATED: Kurt Krause departs as National Conference Center manager
A former Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce board chairman and one of Loudoun's most visible businessmen has quietly vacated his post as general manager of the National Conference Center in Leesburg.
Kurt Krause left the National Conference Center, a corporate training facility offering lodging and thousands of square feet of meeting space, in August after heading operations there for nearly seven years.
He served as chairman of the local chamber of commerce's board of directors from early 2012 through early 2013.
Additionally, he is a member of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance, the Loudoun CEO Cabinet and the Loudoun Economic Development Commission.
“I can honestly say that I just have too many interesting opportunities available not to take a strong look at each,” Krause said Wednesday. “I truly regret leaving the extraordinary men and women that make the conference center so great, however too many offers have come my way that I just can no longer ignore.
“My physical and mental health are excellent, and my passion for community stronger than ever,” he said.
This story has been updated from an earlier version.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.