Large turnout for Freeze Your Gizzard 5K race
The Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with Loudoun Interfaith Relief, hosted the 11th Annual Freeze Your Gizzard Cross Country 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. Runners competed on a course that featured several steep climbs and rugged terrain.
Patrick Joseph won the race in 16 minutes, 9 seconds. Anna Wasko was the top female finisher with a time of 20:08. Joseph is a Loudoun County High School alum now competing at Virginia Tech. Wasko is a student at Tuscarora High School.
Runners and walkers were urged to bring two canned food items to donate to Loudoun Interfaith Relief’s food pantry. A total of 1,692 pounds was donated this year.
For more information about the race, visit http://www.idalee.org .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’