Large turnout for Freeze Your Gizzard 5K race
The Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with Loudoun Interfaith Relief, hosted the 11th Annual Freeze Your Gizzard Cross Country 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. Runners competed on a course that featured several steep climbs and rugged terrain.
Patrick Joseph won the race in 16 minutes, 9 seconds. Anna Wasko was the top female finisher with a time of 20:08. Joseph is a Loudoun County High School alum now competing at Virginia Tech. Wasko is a student at Tuscarora High School.
Runners and walkers were urged to bring two canned food items to donate to Loudoun Interfaith Relief’s food pantry. A total of 1,692 pounds was donated this year.
For more information about the race, visit http://www.idalee.org .
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Economist: Proposed Trump budget could cost northern Virginia up to 10,000 jobs
- Loudoun County superintendent treading familiar ground with Dominion High School case
- Man dies following Route 15 crash near Leesburg
- Sheriff’s Office investigating reported sexual assaults in Lowes Island-Cascades area
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.