Large turnout for Freeze Your Gizzard 5K race
The Town of Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with Loudoun Interfaith Relief, hosted the 11th Annual Freeze Your Gizzard Cross Country 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. Runners competed on a course that featured several steep climbs and rugged terrain.
Patrick Joseph won the race in 16 minutes, 9 seconds. Anna Wasko was the top female finisher with a time of 20:08. Joseph is a Loudoun County High School alum now competing at Virginia Tech. Wasko is a student at Tuscarora High School.
Runners and walkers were urged to bring two canned food items to donate to Loudoun Interfaith Relief’s food pantry. A total of 1,692 pounds was donated this year.
For more information about the race, visit http://www.idalee.org .
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Loudoun deputies to issue kids ‘Slurpee Tickets’ for good behavior
- Freedom High School prom raises more than $48K for cancer research
- Local nonprofits rake in more than $180K during Give Choose day