Updated: Man involved in hit and run found
James L. Jack, 50, was found May 8 in Sterling near Briarcroft Plaza after citizens reported seeing the stolen truck, a 2005 Freightliner.
The truck has been returned to its rightful owner.
Jack was charged with auto theft and driving while a habitual offender. He also faces charges from the Town of Leesburg in connection with the hit and run. He is being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center on no bond.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is seeking help from the public in finding a man believed to be involved in a hit and run with a stolen truck outside the Town of Leesburg.
The truck, a 2005 white Freightliner with a yellow top and black bottom, was reported stolen May 6 from Route 50 near Fleetwood Road. Later that afternoon, the truck was involved in a hit and run near Fort Evans Road and the Route 7/Route 15 Bypass in Leesburg
The suspect is described as a white man in his late 40s or 50s. The truck has a license plate of RA 40159.
Police are asking anyone with information about the vehicle or the driver to call the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-1021.
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage