Leesburg driver hospitalized with serious injuries
According to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports, the man, driving a 2009 BMW 335i coupe, was traveling west on Whites Ferry Road about 4:26 p.m. toward Route 15 when he went off the road and struck a utility pole. The vehicle continued a short distance, before crashing into a tree.
The impact with the tree caused the BMW to roll and come to a rest on its passenger side, causing a small fire to ignite within the engine compartment.
The driver was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale
- Maureen McDonnell: Corruption trial was unfair