Leesburg driver hospitalized with serious injuries
According to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports, the man, driving a 2009 BMW 335i coupe, was traveling west on Whites Ferry Road about 4:26 p.m. toward Route 15 when he went off the road and struck a utility pole. The vehicle continued a short distance, before crashing into a tree.
The impact with the tree caused the BMW to roll and come to a rest on its passenger side, causing a small fire to ignite within the engine compartment.
The driver was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Loudoun supervisors delay decision amending county’s noise standards
- Process, growth at heart of Leesburg Town Council debate
- Hero driver saves 32 kids from smoking Loudoun school bus
- Supervisors approve major rezoning at long-stalled Lexington 7 property
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.