Leesburg launches smartphone and mobile device request app
Through the app, residents can submit requests for bulk item pickup; report trash, recycling or yard waste collection issues; provide feedback on services at Ida Lee Park Recreation Center, the A.V. Symington Aquatic Center and other park facilities and recreation programs; and report issues with their water and sewer service. The app is available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play. In addition, the service can be accessed from the town website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/leesburg311 Users. can track their requests via either the website interface or the mobile app to see current status and final resolution of issues.
“We believe this app will help take us to the next level of customer service,’” said John Wells, Leesburg Town Manager. “We are excited about the prospects of providing an even higher level of response and information to our residents and businesses.”
According to Annie Carlson, the town’s information technology manager, the town plans to add more types of service requests to the app in the near future.
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale