Leesburg man arrested for driving drunk with child in car
Mark R. Firehammer, 46, was charged with DWI, third conviction in 10 years, refusal and abuse/neglect child reckless disregard for life.
Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports said deputies responded to the area of Edwards Ferry Road and Cattail Branch in Leesburg about 2:50 p.m. for reports of a crash.
Firehammer, reports said, drove his vehicle off the road and ran through a fence before hitting a tree.
The driver and the 12-year-old passenger were not injured.
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition