Leesburg man arrested for driving drunk with child in car
Mark R. Firehammer, 46, was charged with DWI, third conviction in 10 years, refusal and abuse/neglect child reckless disregard for life.
Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports said deputies responded to the area of Edwards Ferry Road and Cattail Branch in Leesburg about 2:50 p.m. for reports of a crash.
Firehammer, reports said, drove his vehicle off the road and ran through a fence before hitting a tree.
The driver and the 12-year-old passenger were not injured.
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules