Leesburg Police investigating drive-by shooting
Police received a call April 25 at around 5:15 with reports of gunshots at the 100 block of Burnell Place SE. According to the homeowner, someone drove by the house and and fired several shots.
Officers found bullet casings and damage at the front of the home, but there were no injuries.
The incident is still under investigation, but police say there is no immediate threat to the community.
Anyone with information is asked to call 703-771-4500. Tipsters who want to stay anonymous can call the Leesburg Crime Line at (703) 443-TIPS or use TIPSUBMIT from a smart phone or a computer. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found on the police department’s website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/police.
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances