Leesburg Police investigating drive-by shooting
Police received a call April 25 at around 5:15 with reports of gunshots at the 100 block of Burnell Place SE. According to the homeowner, someone drove by the house and and fired several shots.
Officers found bullet casings and damage at the front of the home, but there were no injuries.
The incident is still under investigation, but police say there is no immediate threat to the community.
Anyone with information is asked to call 703-771-4500. Tipsters who want to stay anonymous can call the Leesburg Crime Line at (703) 443-TIPS or use TIPSUBMIT from a smart phone or a computer. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found on the police department’s website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/police.
- Testimony ends in McDonnell trial
- Recruiting innovation: Telos Corp. wraps up summer internship program
- Early foreign language learning returns to Loudoun through Language Stars
- Virginia students make gains on revised math SOL tests
- Bridging the gap: NOVA expansion could mean more opportunity for Loudoun businesses