UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating rash of attempted burglaries in Prospect Hills subdivision
Currently, according to Lt. Jeff Dube, there have been six homes that were broken into during the overnight hours in the Prospect Hill subdivision.
Dube said someone tried to enter the homes by either cut porch screens or cutting locks. No items were taken from any of the homes, he said.
The police department is asking anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious or may have any information regarding these events, to call the Leesburg Police Department at 703-771-4500.
Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call the Leesburg Crime Line at 703-443-TIPS (8477) or use TIPSUBMIT from a smartphone or computer. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found on the police department’s website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/police .
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony