UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating rash of attempted burglaries in Prospect Hills subdivision
Currently, according to Lt. Jeff Dube, there have been six homes that were broken into during the overnight hours in the Prospect Hill subdivision.
Dube said someone tried to enter the homes by either cut porch screens or cutting locks. No items were taken from any of the homes, he said.
The police department is asking anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious or may have any information regarding these events, to call the Leesburg Police Department at 703-771-4500.
Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call the Leesburg Crime Line at 703-443-TIPS (8477) or use TIPSUBMIT from a smartphone or computer. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found on the police department’s website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/police .
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center
- Possible gang members attempt recruitment of Sterling Middle students