Leesburg Police warns of phone scams
In the first case, a victim was contacted by a person representing himself as a federal agent. The suspect told the victim he would face criminal charges unless money was sent via money gram to an address in the Dominican Republic.
Another victim was told he owned back taxes by someone claiming to be a federal agent. The back taxes were requested in the form of pre-paid gift cards.
The police are asking people to contact law enforcement if they feel they have been scammed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use ‘Redskins’ on TV
- The Beer Joint to open as man cave complete with “Bavarian Girls Next Door”
- Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
- Hillsboro charter hopeful: school choice the name of the game
- Only natural gas filling station in Northern Virginia hits Loudoun