Leesburg Police warns of phone scams
In the first case, a victim was contacted by a person representing himself as a federal agent. The suspect told the victim he would face criminal charges unless money was sent via money gram to an address in the Dominican Republic.
Another victim was told he owned back taxes by someone claiming to be a federal agent. The back taxes were requested in the form of pre-paid gift cards.
The police are asking people to contact law enforcement if they feel they have been scammed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- EDITORIAL: Diversity must come out from the shadows
- Raider alums set the pace for Hokies
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education