Leesburg Police warns of phone scams
In the first case, a victim was contacted by a person representing himself as a federal agent. The suspect told the victim he would face criminal charges unless money was sent via money gram to an address in the Dominican Republic.
Another victim was told he owned back taxes by someone claiming to be a federal agent. The back taxes were requested in the form of pre-paid gift cards.
The police are asking people to contact law enforcement if they feel they have been scammed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- The Psychedelic Furs: Loving their new way
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives