Leesburg taxpayers won’t get 2014 personal property tax bills
Earlier this year, the Leesburg Town Council amended the Town Code regarding town personal property taxes, giving taxpayers a “tax holiday” for the 2014 tax year by moving the due date for personal property taxes from Oct. 5 to May 5 of each year. The next personal property tax bills will be mailed to taxpayers in April 2015 and will be due on May 5, 2015.
In addition, beginning with the 2015 tax year, the town will no longer pro-rate personal property taxes on automobiles, motorcycles, RVs, other motor vehicles and trailers. The 2015 tax bills will be based on the assessed value of personal property located in the Town of Leesburg as of Jan. 1, 2015.
The changes in Leesburg’s personal property taxes do not affect the requirement to register a new vehicle with Loudoun County and the town, and to obtain a town decal within 30 days of acquiring a new vehicle.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports
- Loudoun ranked as Virginia’s best for business investment