Leesburg’s K2M names its price
The company holds 41 patents on various products and employs more than 700 people in more than 25 countries.
K2M filed paperwork to go public in early February, and as of today is being traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with the symbol "KTWO."
With 8,825,000 shares for sale, the market capitalization – a companies outstanding shares multiplied by the share price – would be more than $132 million.
That number would put it behind only Orbital Sciences and NeuStar among publicly traded companies in the county.
According to Investopedia, a website devoted to investment education, "The investment community uses this figure to determine a company's size, as opposed to sales or total asset figures."
The company expects to infuse $120 million of capital into operations "after deducting underwriting discounts and estimated offering expenses," according to a prepared statement put out today by the company.
The company hopes to reduce its debt load and plans to bring more resources to research and development.
As of 3:30 p.m. the share price was at just over $15 a share. Follow along at www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ktwo.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons’ voting rights
- Virginia senator and former governor Tim Kaine to be Clinton’s running mate
- Supervisors approve draft-scope of work for nonprofit needs assessment
- NAACP leader calls Loudoun County Public Schools’ diversity training ‘a joke’
- Warner Construction awarded $7.3 million contract to build Kirkpatrick Fire and Rescue Station