LeMunyon, other lawmakers denounce feds’ decision to withhold transit funds
Del. James LeMunyon (R) and Sen. George Barker (D) sent a letter signed by dozens of lawmakers to Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao after federal officials announced they would withhold funding from Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia until they create a new Metro safety commission and the FTA certifies it. The letter was signed by dozens of other lawmakers.
In the letter, they say a February 2016 deadline was unreasonable and they want Chao to suspend the FTA's decision.
All three jurisdictions must pass identical legislation for the commission to be formed. Virginia lawmakers have passed versions of the bill, but additional votes are needed.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Hold the town hall
- Loudoun County chairwoman, economic development officials head to Germany for ‘sister city’ trip
- Driver of Freightliner flatbed truck charged after crashing into Sterling home Friday
- MORE: Small plane crashes near Leesburg Executive Airport
- MORE: Loudoun County teacher charged with DUI, open container inside school
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.