LeMunyon, other lawmakers denounce feds’ decision to withhold transit funds
Del. James LeMunyon (R) and Sen. George Barker (D) sent a letter signed by dozens of lawmakers to Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao after federal officials announced they would withhold funding from Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia until they create a new Metro safety commission and the FTA certifies it. The letter was signed by dozens of other lawmakers.
In the letter, they say a February 2016 deadline was unreasonable and they want Chao to suspend the FTA's decision.
All three jurisdictions must pass identical legislation for the commission to be formed. Virginia lawmakers have passed versions of the bill, but additional votes are needed.
Post a comment
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: Fumblerooski on Metro
- The cost of Facebook: Loudoun economic development dept. spends $20K per year on social media site
- Wegmeyers, Fabbioli partner to produce first sparkling strawberry wine
- GOP gubernatorial hopefuls play nice at first debate
- Loudoun duo hopes to inspire a love of the arts among young people
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.