Liberal blogger hired to defend Redskins name resigns
Ben Tribbett announced his resignation on Twitter late Monday, saying he didn't want to be a distraction because of personal attacks directed toward him.
Tribbett is well-known in Virginia politics as an advocate for liberal issues. He is perhaps best known for leading the attacks on Sen. George Allen for using the word "macaca" to describe an American of Indian descent during Allen's ill-fated re-election campaign in 2006. Allen is the brother of Redskins president and general manager Bruce Allen.
Tribbett tweeted that he supports the Redskins name but doesn't "see eye to eye with some friends" over the issue.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed not to change the name but is facing unprecedented opposition from those who consider it a racial slur.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- And now, Philadelphia: Northern Va. Democrats ready to nominate Clinton-Kaine ticket
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons’ voting rights
- Young Loudoun entrepreneurs get a chance to start their own businesses
- Virginia senator and former governor Tim Kaine to be Clinton’s running mate
- Supervisors approve draft-scope of work for nonprofit needs assessment