Local leaders celebrate White’s Ford Regional Park in Leesburg
A new, 295-acre park on the banks of the Potomac River just north of Leesburg was christened June 9 at a ceremony featuring elected officials and noted conservationists. White's Ford Regional Park, which features a canoe and kayak launch hub, trails and scenic nature, will be managed by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority. In historical terms, the park was the location where the Confederate Army crossed into Maryland on their way to the Battle of Antietam during the Civil War. For more information, click here.
- Golf star issues emotional plea for Leesburg father’s return
- Police identify driver in Leesburg hit and run
- New food truck, Cured, cures epicurious appetites in Loudoun
- Silver Line falls 30 percent short of projected ridership; lawmakers remain optimistic
- MORE: Loudoun deputies investigating indecent exposure cases in Ashburn
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.