Leesburg Director of Finance announces retirement
Norman Butts, chief financial officer for the Town of Leesburg, has announced his resignation.
The move is effective June 20.
Butts was tapped May 21 by Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones as the chief financial officer and deputy chief administrative officer for the City of Richmond. He will officially begin his new position June 23, where he will be responsible for the city's Departments of Finance, Budget and Strategic Planning, Procurement, Human Resources and Information Technology.
Butts has been with the town since 2004, where he helped garner the town a triple-A bond rating. Prior to joining Leesburg, he worked as the first inspector general in Montgomery County, Maryland. He also worked as an auditor in Concord, N.H. and as a debt manager in the Virginia Treasurer's Office under Gerald Baliles, who served as governor from 1986 to 1990.
An advertisement to replace Butts as director of finance in Leesburg has been posted and will close June 27. The search is external.
- Expansion of apprenticeships in Virginia raises question: What’s an apprenticeship?
- Fall 5Ks in Loudoun to raise funds for local causes
- Lovettsville Historical Society Lecture to discuss newly discovered musical instruments
- Prosecutors: Severance killed 3 to get revenge on Alexandria’s elite
- Leesburg Police investigating another Leesburg gas station robbery
|Hi 80°||Hi 67°|
|Lo 55°||Lo 44°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.