Leesburg Director of Finance announces retirement
Norman Butts, chief financial officer for the Town of Leesburg, has announced his resignation.
The move is effective June 20.
Butts was tapped May 21 by Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones as the chief financial officer and deputy chief administrative officer for the City of Richmond. He will officially begin his new position June 23, where he will be responsible for the city's Departments of Finance, Budget and Strategic Planning, Procurement, Human Resources and Information Technology.
Butts has been with the town since 2004, where he helped garner the town a triple-A bond rating. Prior to joining Leesburg, he worked as the first inspector general in Montgomery County, Maryland. He also worked as an auditor in Concord, N.H. and as a debt manager in the Virginia Treasurer's Office under Gerald Baliles, who served as governor from 1986 to 1990.
An advertisement to replace Butts as director of finance in Leesburg has been posted and will close June 27. The search is external.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- New crosswalks to reduce risk in downtown Purcellville
- Loudoun deputies searching for missing 84 year-old Sterling man
- Ashburn crack dealer sentenced to seven years in prison
- Sterling woman arrested for sacrificing chickens appeals for custody of seized rooster
- Joe Montano, regional director for Sen. Kaine’s office, dies at 47